Best Vacuum Cleaner for Cat Litter – The best handheld vacuum for picking up cat litter will depend on your needs, but generally, a vacuum that is light in weight, has powerful suction, and has good filtration will be a great choice of product. Choose any of the products I have reviewed and recommended in this list, or use my buying guide to source some excellent products on your own.
If you have a kitty that loves to kick litter out of their tray, I would certainly recommend purchasing a handheld vacuum. They make cleaning up the mess so much easier and make this tiresome job way less hard work. Go on, you can thank me later.
We tested and compared what we consider to be the best vacuums for cat litter currently available. We considered all factors to come up with what we believe to be the best all-round solution for a wide variety of needs. After days of cleaning and review, our final verdict is Bissell CleanView Upright Bagless Vacuum.back to menu ↑
1.MOOSOO Vacuum Cleaner
- 【17Kpa Powerful Suction】Perfect for marble, tile and hardwood floor, pick up all debris, such as cat litter, dog food crumbs, pet hair. NOTE: Due to powerful suction and high-power, it is easy to fit tightly with the carpet, it is not suitable for use on carpets, perfect for hard floor.
- 【3 Stages High Efficiency Filtration System】: Complete sealing design and high-density HEPA filter which captures 99.99% of the microscopic dust.
- 【Rotatable Brush Head】Flexible joint could free to clean the dirt under the furniture and bed, clean up dead corners. Brush head is easy be controlled, feel free to control its direction where you want.
- 【Adjustable Tube】18-30 inches adjustable length, easily to reach 10 feet high, such as ceilings and vents, etc. Long 23 feet power cord is perfect, it makes the suction stronger, cleans the garbage more clean and more assured.
- 【4.4lbs Lightweight & 2 in 1】It’s weighs only 4.4 pounds, can be operated with one hand relaxing and easy to clean from the floor and high places. 2 in 1 Stick Vacuum Cleaner, easily switch to handheld mode and connected to the cleaning brush and crevice nozzle.
back to menu ↑
- 3-In-1 design with onboard crevice tool allows you to customize your vacuum for your needs. At only 4 pounds, you can take the Eureka blaze anywhere
- Eureka's signature swivel steering improves maneuverability and cleaning efficiency when compared to standard stick vacuums
- Eureka's capture nozzle picks up larger debris with ease unlike other stick vacuums that push larger particles around. Perfect for hard floors, area rugs, and low pile carpets
- Powerful 2 amp motor picks up particles like dust and pollen, while the washable filtration system captures the debris and improves air quality
- Capacity: 0.55 Liters
back to menu ↑
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Perfect for quick, quiet cleanups of everyday messes like crumbs, pet hair, cereal, dirt, and more
- Safe and effective multi-surface cleaning on carpets, rugs, and hard floors
- Compact, lightweight design that's easy to use and store
- Features Dual Rotating Brush Rolls that pick up large and small debris on forward and return passes
- Design is PVC-free, features parts made of 100% recycled plastic, and requires no electricity or wasteful disposable cleaning products
back to menu ↑
4.Dirt Devil Endura
- NO LOSS OF SUCTION: The Endura filter is equipped for powerful upright vacuum cleaner performance – it’s also easily accessible + rinsable for quick maintenance when you need it
- EASY-EMPTY XL DIRT CUP: Fewer, quicker, and easier trips to the trash, all with the touch of a button
- POWERFUL SPIN4PRO MULTI FLOOR BRUSH ROLL + 4 LEVEL FLOOR HEIGHT ADJUST: This is just fancy for, “You, your pets, and your floors are going to LOVE this. ”
- QUICK & EASY REACH: Power through dirt and pet hair with a wave of the extension wand for 12 ft. of extra reach - which stores on the vacuum when you’re done
- WHAT'S INCLUDED: Get ahead of the shed with the on-board TURBOCLAW pet turbo tool and 2-in-1 dusting brush and crevice tool. Bonus: this unit also has an odor-trapping filter AND anti-hair wrap dirt cup.
back to menu ↑
5.Black & Decker Cleaner
- 2.75 lbs Lightweight Vacuum: Easy to maneuver and carry, this vacuum combo is perfect for quick everyday cleaning
- Powerful Suction: This corded vacuum ensures continuous and stable high power to get the job done. No need to charge, it is always ready to go
- 3-in-1 Vacuum w/ Multipurpose Attachments: It is a handheld vacuum cleaner or easily convert it to a stick vacuum cleaner by adding the pole handle and floor nozzle. Great for tackling stairs, car cleaning and hard to reach places. Crevice tool also included
- Easy to Store: Stands upright on its own and the cord wraps conveniently around hooks on the back to keep everything organized
- Low-maintenance & Easy to Assemble: This bagless vacuum keeps your maintenance cost as low as possible. Simply clean the dust cup and wash the filter regularly
back to menu ↑
6.VacLife Handheld Vacuum
- 【Powerful Suction】- This cordless hand vacuum-(VL106) utilizes a super strong motor with powerful suction, more helpful in renewing your dirty floor and keeping your house neat. Good for daily cleaning, including hairs or dust. An excellent choice for both car and home cleaning (only for dry use).
- 【Lightweight & Deep Cleaning without Blind Corner】- The car vacuum cleaner high power cordless, equipped with 2 different nozzles to meet all your car cleaning needs. The couch vacuum is portable to use, and can reach some hard-to-reach areas such as sofa gap and inside of your car, and the super bright LED light ensures your cleaning work both in brightness and darkness.
- 【Durable in Use】- The handheld vacuum cordless is equiped with HEPA filters and innovative wraps, which are washable and more durable; the detachable dust cup is good for quick and easy trash dumping, convenient for the next cleaning work.
- 【Long Lasting Cordless Use】- Long Lasting Battery - The battery vacuum cleaner takes 3 -4 hours to fully charge, and the continuous using time is up to 20 minutes.The hand vac can completely clean your entire room on a full charge. (The runtime may vary according to the cleaning load.)
- 【Service】- Our product has been insured by AIG. Just rest assured that your daily use of this product is properly shielded.
back to menu ↑
7.ORFELD Cordless Vacuum
- Powerful Suction: 18000pa Hurricane suction almost reaches the suction of a traditional canister vacuum. Eliminates dirt, debris, pet hair, and tough messes with ease. Leaves no dirt behind.
- 50Mins Runtime: Premium Japanese Battery provides 50 minutes runtime in standard mode(8000Pa), ensures thorough one-time cleaning of 2153 sq. ft house.
- Ultra-Lightweight: The weight of main body is less than 4 bottles of 330ml cola, which is user-friendly for most ages. It can be used for people with some back problems, extremely suitable for long-term one hand cleaning.
- Excellent Filter System: T10 filter system uses a stainless steel filter, filter holes are precise and small. Service life is twice than traditional filtration system, It provides the ultimate purified air and excellent cleaning experience for every user. HEPA is washable and recyclable.
- Cost-effective Vacuum: It must be a great gift for your family or friends who have pets or naughty kids.
back to menu ↑
8.Severin Germany Vacuum
- GERMAN ENGINEERED HIGH QUALITY HOME APPLIANCE: Severin's Vacuum Cleaner is among the best in the world and is one of the most innovative brands available today.
- EASY TO CLEAN AND READY TO USE: This floor vacuum cleaner cleans hard-floors and carpets. It's easy to handle, quick to use and has a versatile range of functions .
- FUNCTIONAL TOOLS: Severin's Vacuum Cleaner has a switchable Premium-Eco floor nozzle with rollers, an additional extra large parquet nozzle and an Ergo-Soft extra large handle with click connector.
- ACCESSORIES TO CLEAN ANY CREVICE: Includes a 3-part accessory set; upholstery, furniture, and crevice nozzle. Also features a long extra large easy touch telescopic tube and an extra large Premium suction hose.
- INNOVATIVE AND PREMIUM FILTRATION SYSTEM: Each product has a motor protection filter made of hygienic fleece and includes 2 microfiber dust bags with hygiene lock.
- Capacity / Content: approx. 4 l ;Output: approx. 750 W
back to menu ↑
9.Dyson Cyclone V10
- The most powerful suction of any cord-free vacuum. Tested to ASTM F558, against cord-free stick market.
- Up to 60 minutes' run time when using a non-motorized tool. Lightweight and versatile, to clean right through the home. Instant-release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s cleaning. Requires charging for 3.5 hours minimum before first use.
- Torque drive cleaner head – our most powerful yet. Up to 20 minutes of fade-free power (in Suction mode II). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep-down dirt. Powered by the Dyson digital motor V10 and engineered to pick up ground-in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets.
- Quickly transforms to a handheld vacuum, to clean all around your home and car. Hygienic 'point and shoot' bin emptying. Bin volume 0.2 gallons
- 2-year warranty on parts & labor, activated automatically. Designed to deep clean homes with pets. The fully-sealed filtration system traps 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns – expelling cleaner air.
back to menu ↑
10.ILIFE V3s Pro
- With a tangle-free pet hair care technology, focuses on picking up hairs, dirt, debris on hard floors
- Low profile design to clean under beds, furniture where dirt hides. Ideal for hardwood, tile, laminate or stone.
- Self-charging, programmable schedule, smart sensors for anti-bump and anti-fall. Runtime 90-100 mins
- Easy operation with remote control, or one touch auto clean button on robot.
- Tip: Easy maintenance, empty dustbin and clean the filter after each use. Replace filter every month.
- A 12-month and U. S. customer service team provides you with peace of mind and great service
- Anti-dropping sensors prevent dangerous drop-offs
back to menu ↑
best vacuum for cat litter on carpet
- Extra power and capacity for wet/dry messes.
- Powerful performance delivers up to 65 CFM.
- Easy-empty tank with 6 gal/22L dry capacity.
- No-Tip Wheel Design with 360-degree mobility.
- Complete with on-board multi-purpose tool kit.
- Power source type: Battery-Powered
back to menu ↑
best vacuum for cat litter on tile
- 2.5 Gallon Polypropylene Tank
- 2 Peak HP Motor
- 10 Ft. Cord With Cord Wrap
- Blower Function – Easy Conversion
- On-board Accessory & Hose Storage
back to menu ↑
best handheld vacuum for cat litter
- ✅ 2 MODES & 6000PA STRONG SUCTION: This hand vacuum cleaner adopts a strong power motor with two suction modes for you to choose from: strong suction power 6000pa and standard suction power 4000pa, which is powerful enough to clean up crumbs, debris, dust, paper scraps, pet hair, cat litter, etc., giving your house / car / office a thorough clean
- ✅ ONE-CLICK EMPTYING DUST CUP: No need to take off dust collection cup, just one click to empty the dust easily, this portable car vacuum cleaner is very convenient and will not get your hands dirty; The detachable see-through 120ml dust cup allows you to clearly see the use of the dust collection cup, also makes it easy for you to disassemble and clean
- ✅ RECHARGEABLE CORDLESS DESIGN: Built-in 2000mAh lithium-ion battery, this rechargeable vacuum can be fully charged in about 4.5 hours with working time up to 10 minutes at 6000pa high suction, and up to 20 minutes at 4000pa low suction; This cordless vacuum allows you to clean anywhere you want and free from the hassles of restricted distance and tangling of cords
- ✅ WET & DRY DEEP CLEANING: The small vacuum cleaner comes with 2 different types of accessories to help you clean all areas of your car, home and office; The crevice nozzle is perfect for cleaning liquids, corners, hard to reach places, car trunk, seat, center control and other parts of the car; The brush nozzle is suitable for cleaning air outlet, carpet, sofa, pet hair, keyboard, etc.
- ✅ ERGONOMIC DESIGN & LOW NOISE: The handheld car vacuum cleaner net weight is only about 1.5lb, lightweight and convenient, let you easily do house cleaning. With a dust cover to prevent dust adsorption, enabling the vacuum cleaner to be placed upright, plus ergonomic design of tilt handle for comfortable grip, making it is easy to pick up and place; It operates with less than 70dB of noise
back to menu ↑
best stick vacuum for cat litter
- 【Dual Suction Mode】Foxnovo handheld vacuum cleaner features two speeds- 8Kpa and 13Kpa. 8Kpa mainly for normal surface light dust cleaning while 13Kpa suitable for deep large dirt removing. It creats to meet your different needs.
- 【51% Stronger Suction Power】Foxnovo hand held vacuum utilizing 90w powerful motor that can produces 13Kpa suction power when compared with other normal vacuum, household cleaning just within a few minutes.
- 【Charging Dock & USB C Charging】With two innovation charging ways, you can put it on the charging dock at home which is fast charging at the same. And our package also include a usb c cable to achieve portable charging, you can charge and carry it to wherever you want to.
- 【Lightweight and Easy Cleaning】Foxnovo mini vacuum cleaner is so lightweight that it only weighs 2.4 lbs as light as an umbrella long time use without fatigue. It also has a dust cup release button, just simply press the button to clean all the dust.
- 【About Foxnovo Cordless Handheld Vacuum】Small in size but more powerful and lasts longer than the traditional ones, different brush heads came in the package meets your needs for different area cleaning. Besides we also offer one-year guarantee, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you have problems with the vacuum.
back to menu ↑
Best Vacuum Cleaner for Cat Litter – BUYER’S GUIDEback to menu ↑
As with everything, there is a huge price range for handheld vacuums. The cheapest products start at around $30, but they can easily reach up to $100 for high-end models.
Therefore, the easiest way to start narrowing down products is by deciding what price you can afford. It doesn’t always follow that the best products are the most expensive, so make sure you check out the other factors on this list and don’t just assume that the bigger the price tag, the better the vacuum.back to menu ↑
Suction power is one of the most important considerations when finding the best handheld vacuum for picking up cat litter. Pieces of litter are heavier than normal household dust, so for the vacuum to do a good job, it needs to have high suction.
For a really good clean, look for a battery voltage of at least 14V, and the higher, the better. However, voltages of 10V will still provide a decent clean around your cat’s litter tray.
You’ll also want to make sure that your vacuum has a lithium ion battery. When it comes to rechargeable batteries, they do not last forever and will eventually need to be replaced. However, lithium batteries offer up to 1,000 cycles before they start to lose quality, which helps improve the vacuum’s performance and means high suction power is maintained for longer.
Filter design also has a lot to do with suction, so bear this in mind too. A clogged filter will drastically reduce the suction power, even if there is a powerful battery inside. Look out for vacuums that have centrifugal action to help separate the dust and air to keep the filter clean. The more advanced the filtration system, the better your vacuum will perform, especially over time.back to menu ↑
Charging Time & Run Time
If you are looking for a cordless model, which I would highly recommend as these vacuums can easily be transported and used anywhere around the home, you need to consider the charging time and run time.
How quickly the battery reaches full charge depends on its capacity and its strength. If you’re only planning on using the vacuum once each day for a quick clean between whole house vacuums, charge time is not as important as no product will take over 24 hours to charge. However, if you will be using it multiple times throughout the day, opt for a vacuum with a quick charge time so that it’s always ready for when you want to use it.
Run time is also important. Some high power vacuums only last for 10 minutes, which is great for my needs! However, if you have multiple cats or want to clean multiple areas in your home at once, finding a vacuum with a longer run time is best. This category totally depends on your individual needs.back to menu ↑
Weight is also an important consideration, especially if you have weak wrists. The lighter the vacuum, the more easily you will find cleaning.
However, having a lightweight machine will also generally see the capacity decrease. Thus, if you want a vacuum that can hold a lot of debris and dirt before needing to be emptied, opt for a slightly heavier product that has a larger dirt bin. Again, there’s no right or wrong choice here, just what works best for your needs.back to menu ↑
I’d also advise you to look out for a vacuum that comes with multiple attachments. This will make cleaning on multiple surfaces or in hidden nooks and crannies a lot easier.
At the bare minimum, I’d look for a vacuum with a crevice tool so that you can easily get into tight corners and spaces, and a brush tool to help shift stubborn dirt and dust that is trapped in fabrics. This is essential if you have your litter tray on carpeted floor, and less important for use on hard floors. However, I’d still get a vacuum with these attachments as you never know when they may come in handy.
Some hoovers, such as the BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Handheld Vacuum, have pivoting nozzles too, which further help you to get into tight spots and offer more cleaning versatility.back to menu ↑
Ease of Cleaning
You should also consider how easy the handheld vacuum is to clean. This is especially important for handheld vacuums that will be cleaning up cat litter, as litter can be smelly.
Modern vacuums are commonly bagless, which is great for vacuums for cleaning up after your pet as you can easily tip out the debris and wipe the plastic clean. Some vacuums also have a removable bin so you can easily give the vacuum a deep clean. If you have allergies, look for a vacuum that can easily be emptied with the click of a button so you don’t have to come into contact with any dirt at all.back to menu ↑
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the best handheld vacuum for cat litter?
A: In my opinion, the best handheld vacuum for picking up cat litter is the BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Handheld Vacuum. It has super strong suction, a fade-free battery, and cyclonic action to separate dirt from the air. It’s also easy to use anywhere due to its cordless and lightweight design, and the pivoting nozzle makes cleaning hard-to-reach places easy!
Q: Are pet vacuums worth it?
A: If your cat is constantly making a mess around their litter tray, then yes, pet vacuums are undoubtedly worth it. It is also worth buying a larger litter tray with higher sides and a litter mat to help contain the mess. Pet vacuums are also great for collecting cat hair too.
Q: Are bagless handheld vacuums better than bagged vacuums?
A: Bagless handheld vacuums are generally better than bagged vacuums as the bins have a larger capacity and are easier to clean. To catch all the dirt and dust, bagless vacuums should have a filter.
Q: Will cat litter harm my vacuum?
A: Cat litter won’t harm vacuums as long as you aren’t hoovering up excessive amounts, as the clay and dust could damage the filter and mechanical components. Picking up spilled litter from around the tray should be completely safe.
Q: How do you clean cat litter off the floor?
A: The easiest way to clean cat litter off the floor is by vacuuming up the litter and dust particles. If you have a hard floor, you may wish to follow by wiping the floor with cleaning wipes or washing it using a mop and bucket.
Q: Why does my cat kick litter out for their litter box?
A: It is instinctive for cats to try and cover up their deposits, and can they get enthusiastic about it. This is when litter tends to end up on the floor outside of the litter tray.back to menu ↑
However, litter trays and bathroom accidents are up there with being one of the worst things about having a cat, especially if you have a messy cat like me. My cat loves to kick litter out of her tray, and even with a high-sided litter box, she still manages to get it everywhere.
Handheld vacuums are a fantastic way to clean up litter clumps or particles that get kicked outside the tray or trodden around your home. They’re a better alternative than using your household vacuum, as you can quickly clean up a spillage without having to drag your whole vacuum out.
However, not all handheld vacuums can handle cat litter, trust me, I learned the hard way! The clay from the litter can clog and cause the internal components of the vacuum to break, and trying to hoover up any damp litter with a regular vacuum won’t end well either!